Sunday 18 February 2018

Cupid's dart


The moon does wax and wane
Much like my girlfriend's heart
Love's such a fickle fiend
That plays games from the start

I know, I have been warned
I'll be hurt right or wrong
Who measures out the pain
Is Cupid's dart that long?

The warp and weft of love
Should make us strong perhaps
I've no strengty, no might left
To avoid such mishaps

There's one thing I should add
About our lengthy lives
The richness of our love
Goes quickly as it arrives

Image found at http://www.thelastpilgrimage.com

7 comments:

  1. Poignant and insightful... i loved every word

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moon does wax and wane, much like a heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The richness of our love
    Goes quickly as it arrives

    Easy come easy go can be quite daunting. It hurts but it does happen!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  4. The length can certainly make it seem that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could probably sum up your poem with these words: Love...here today, gone tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your poem :)

    ReplyDelete