Saturday 2 December 2017

The ring on her finger


If you hadn't smiled at me
Election day when we voted
How beautiful were your eyes
You subtly glanced my way
Thinking I must not let her get away

Who cares what party got in
I waited 'til you emerged
You grinned as you saw me there
"That was thirsty work" I said
"Just one" she said  "I've more to do today"

We drove to a drinking spot
Both in our separate cars
"Thanks" she said getting her drink
Sitting in a cosy nook
"It's not often I can escape this way"

'Twas only then I noticed
Fool that I am for sure
The ring now on her finger
She sees me look, sweetly smiles
"Don't worry, it pushes the rest away"

My heart sang a song of love
Surely she heard my thoughts
"I can't exist without you"
For my wishes all came true
"I think the same too" she said, "It's OK"

Image found at http://www.fhm.com


1 comment: