Thursday 24 August 2017

Friends for ages

Norwegian wood  Extract from P7
"Naoko took her left hand from her pocket and squeezed my hand"


We'd been friends for ages of course
Really this act was something more
It stayed there belonging to me
I squeezed her back to say hello
Her fingers traced over my palm
Glancing up from my open book
I looked into her laughing eyes
For one moment I thought of him
But blanked him out of my mind saying
"Do you want me as much as I...?"
Her fingers reached up to still my lips
My heart was beating rapidly
I felt so guilty already
We were going to make love now

Image found at http://www.hujiang.com/

10 comments:

  1. OMHeart...this is simply splendid. I love the way you started but most of all I loved how you ended it...We were going to make love now...bam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, really, wonderful. This is five star

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, Robin! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. The feeling of breathlessness, of passion overtaking reason, was wonderfully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that upward look, you painted this scene so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Robin! This is stunning...I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, and I do love the book as well... love is such a tender thing...

    nobody,not even the rain, has such small hands - ee cummings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the mounting excitement! Beautifully conveyed, with simplicity and restraint making it all the more telling, and every detail perfectly placed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'It stayed there belonging to me' ~ my heart skipped a beat.

    ReplyDelete