Sunday 14 May 2017

The Painter


The days of picnics are gone
Cold wintertime has returned
Swallows and finches now flown
Nails are hammered into coffins

Brittle ice, morning's greeting
As the wind sings a sad song
A good time for ancestors
To meet their relatives now gone

Next door scrawny kid cries out
Frozen hands can't open door
After running errand for Ma
While I watch from my studio

It is sketched on the canvas
That scene from my window
My cat looks out hopefully
Daubs of colour on cruel white

Paintings stacked against my walls
Much like an author's keen words
Gathering dust still unread
They call me the unbalanced one

Image found at favimages.com

4 comments:

  1. It is sketched on the canvas
    That scene from my window

    An poetic mind will find an ordinary scene to be a great potential for a masterpiece on canvas.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and feel this. I'm rooting for the boy to get the door open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely piece, a cold day...living...a beautiful observation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must convey my affection for your kindness in support of men who have the need for
    assistance with in this situation. Your very own commitment to getting the message all over came to be particularly
    helpful and have without exception made most people much like me to
    get to their dreams. Your warm and friendly instruction means much to me and somewhat more to
    my fellow workers. With thanks; from each one of us.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog: Garcinia Life+ review

    ReplyDelete