Wednesday 19 October 2016

Listen to the wind


The tendency as you get older is become slightly unhinged as slowly your brain reverses gear and you revert to childish ways. There is a message here because you start drooling again, find it difficult to walk and burst into tears for no apparent reason. It is happening to me as I forget peoples names; wonder why I wandered into a room so then retrace my steps and start from square one again. Now I believe in fairies again as I wonder who stole my spectacles  and put them in the bathroom and I am sure they hid my slippers under the bed. It is no wonder I am putting on weight as I found that were twice as many dishes to wash up tonight so I must have had two dinners today or did I forget to do them last night? I do have a notepad to write things down so that I am less confused but when I look at it I can't read the writing so someone else must have been in to see me and written a note or perhaps I had a beer last night and lost my marbles which is symbolic really as I wasn't any good at playing marbles as a kid. I think I should go to bed now but I am sure someone called me just a moment ago that they would pick me up to go shopping or has that already happened? I would ask my wife but I have lost her and I can't find her anywhere. Do you think she is playing hide and seek. I think she must very good at the game, don't you?, as I haven't seen her for such a long time.

                                                       Listen to the wind
                                                Hear stories from long ago
                                                   Now prepare for sleep

Image found at www.zdravstvena.info




3 comments:

  1. the stories from long ago keep you company in those long nights and days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I'm not planning on living that long.

    ReplyDelete