Sunday 18 August 2013

Nestle in my arms



I dreamed of you again last night

So many years since you took flight

And cruelly crushed me to the floor

As without a word you slammed the door

I searched for you in every place

Were you that star in darkest space?

You used to nestle in my arms

Yes, this is a tribute to your charms

Your lips, your eyes they all were mine

Your laugh, your smile were all so fine

Who persuaded you to go away

Why was it you could not stay?

If I change, would you love me more?

My heart would be an open door

How long a period must I wait

Or have you really shut that gate?

What degree of affection do you need

How long must my poor heart bleed?

What vision splendid it would be

A rekindled love for you and me

15 comments:

  1. rather a sad one. I suppose we have all felt it at one time or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of one particular relationship which ended abruptly. I screwed up, let jealousy get the better of me.
    He committed suicide, though not because of me. It's simply one of those tragedies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poeming this morning! It rolls when read aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poem, though wistful and sad, rolls along in a comforting way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love unreturned is a hard experience. Your words remind me that many times we speak to comfort our own wounds. To soothe the pain, and heal the hurt.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old egg, nicely done with the end rhyme. Reads with fluidity.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. What degree of affection do you need
    How long must my poor heart bleed?
    What vision splendid it would be
    A rekindled love for you and me

    This makes one feel so young. There is a feeling of tenderness and hope! Nicely Robin!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your words have touched a nerve in everyone who reads this. We have all been hurt at some point. Beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really is a poem for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A heartfelt spin with the words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your emotional plea works fine, and hope it ignites that spark in her too, after all it has taken so many years!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Were you that star in darkest space?"

    What a haunting question! It's still haunting me as I wind down this reading of your poem. It's a very fine line, as well as a very haunting question!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your visit to my continuing story...I've not posted this weeks yet... trying to catch up a tad first. Trolls aren't the only thing that's trick...apparently so is lost love. I think though that changing oneself for someone else isn't the way to go. Acceptance and compromise if those two things aren't in place a relationship doesn't seem to be on steady ground. Well done, I enjoyed your verse.



    ReplyDelete