Monday 7 January 2013

Memories of you



(With the prompt Earworm)


For some I have heard
That tuneful reminders are
Annoying and absurd

They worry me not
Aural tricks are fine by me
Memories of you

I watched you perform
In Iolanthe on stage
When “Tripping hither “

We kissed night and day
On “The Rock Island Line”
Promising our love

At our church marriage
“Wedding day at Trollhagen”
As we made our vows

Even Mick Jagger’s
“Can’t get no satisfaction”
Babies came with joy

Tuneful memories
A constant reminder of you
Play on in my ears

They are few indeed
Tunes that cannot rekindle
My loving life with you

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and so very true, Old Egg, the memories of our lives are tied up in the music of that moment in time and so interconnected that to hear one is to relive the other. I have a collection of such music memories too, some are yet too painful to listen to. Thank you for joining us at Two Shoes Tuesday. I love your poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, your poetry is beautiful... and I like you have great memories from pretty much every song I hear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many songs take me back, music and memories go hand in hand. Love the poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great songs! I only recognized the last one. : )

    ReplyDelete